Friday, May 1, 2015

My Madison Reed Encounter!

So a few weeks ago I got an e-mail from Madison Reed which is a hair color company based online. You can find them here! They were looking for some bloggers to blog on their thoughts on what their hair says about them. You know, kinda like the old saying blondes have more fun?

I thought it was interesting and went and checked the site out. I'd actually been wanting to possibly color my hair for a while just wasn't sure what I wanted to do. When I went to their site, you have the ability to chat with a colorist or do this really great quiz called the color advisor which you can find here. So I did the color advisor and picked out a color called Palermo Black. 

(BTW- if you click on the Madison Reed button over in the right column, you get $15 towards your first box!)


check after the jump for the rest of the story and the pictures!

Madison Reed described Pelermo Black as rich dark brown with hints of aubergine. This describes me well! I look classy but if you get to know me, I'm very silly and a spitfire! I love silly shirts that have some kind of punny meaning, but I also love the classy Coach purses my sister has gotten me! I love the hard top convertible we have, our motorcycle, and I have the requisite tattoo! But, you wouldn't know that by just looking at me :)

So here is what my hair looked like before :




Here's what I got in the mail:



So I took the box to my regular hair dresser who agreed to help me take the plung! BTW, I did this on my own volition. I paid for the kit and was not asked to buy it or anything.


and here are some after shots:





Sorry the mirror was so dirty! This last one was taken as the first one was with my cell phone. My hair feels so silky! I love this! It's definitely darker! You can really see the red highlights in well lit areas etc. I am so glad I did this! Now I just have to figure out how to be able to do the maintenance on it $$ wise!  

Y'all I know this wasn't what this blog was going to be for but you should go check Madison Reed out! What do you guys think??

No comments:

Post a Comment