Thursday, July 5, 2018

My own Orly bottle of Polish!


So for those that don't know, Orly did a contest the entire month of June on Fridays on Instagram. You had to follow them and each Friday they would pick 25 people and those people would get their own personally mixed bottle of polish! I won the 2nd week!

Basically, they would let the winners know on Saturday and then on Monday we would get a code to go look at a bunch of like motivation boards to give us ideas of what we liked as far as colors, textures etc. to give them their formula for their recipe for our color. We had to answer like 10 questions and then the following Wednesday they would go live on Facebook and mix our colors live! They would give us a text heads up when ours was about to be mixed so we could watch it if we wanted to.

Not only did I watch mine, but my husband and mother in law did too! I love how they packed it with the purple packing material! They were super sweet especially after hearing the story behind my color choice and name. check out after the jump for the story and pix of it on my toes!



So I chose Nini PCA because my sisters kids call me Aunt Nini (shortened from Jeannie) and I just lost my mom on 03/28/2018 to Pancreatic Cancer. So I made it Nini PCA (Pancreatic Cancer Awareness) in honor of my family and Purple 1. because I love purple and 2. because it's the color for PCA. For those that don't know, Patrick Swayze also died from this horrific cancer and most recently Joe Jackson. Say what you will about him, but no one deserves to suffer from this cancer. It is very fast moving and aggressive. 

The awareness month for Pancreatic Cancer is October and I let Orly know if they wanna be out of the box and the cool big brand, they can release this color in October as PCA as a Limited Edition and some of the proceeds go to Pancreatic Cancer research like they do for Breast Cancer awareness etc. in October. PC is taking more and more people and from the first symptom to passing for my mom was literally 3 weeks. Joe Jackson was less than a week the media reported he was terminal.

I know a lot of people have asked me where they can get this color, so it's to Orly's advantage. Ball is in their court though. What do y'all think? would you want a bottle of it? Here it is on my left foot and both below.
pre top coat



I LOVE IT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment